Saturday 20 August 2016

13 Inspiring Tattoos People Got To Cover Or Compliment Scars

Originally from https://www.buzzfeed.com/sallytamarkin/rad-tattoos?utm_term=4ldqpia

Ink that tells a story.













Check out the awesome photos they shared below.



And if you want to see the tattoos people got to reclaim self-harm scars, check those out here.






















This bluebird adorning a scar from multiple surgeries.



This bluebird adorning a scar from multiple surgeries.



"My sophomore year of high school I fell during a trampoline routine at gymnastics practice and shattered my left arm. After eight months of surgeries... I was left with an arm that not only hurt constantly and didn’t work, but also didn’t look like my own.



Surgeries to remove dead muscle and scar tissue had distorted my forearm, and the scars scattered across my arm and hand felt unsightly and ugly. This tattoo, my first, was a present to myself when I turned 18 as a way to reclaim my body after it had been irreparably damaged, and to turn my scars into something beautiful. I didn’t want to cover up the surgical scars because they were, and are, such an important part of who I am now, but I wanted to transform them into something I was proud of. The bird is an eastern bluebird."



rachelb440d04484




buzzfeed.com




















This abstract sleeve to cover burns.



This abstract sleeve to cover burns.



"I lost a bet in high school and let someone burn me with the metal end of a Bic lighter on my arm. It left a really noticeable scar so I started a half sleeve to cover it up."



aylar3




buzzfeed.com




















This feather to cover scars from an abusive ex while honoring a loved one.



This feather to cover scars from an abusive ex while honoring a loved one.



"I got this tattoo to cover a scar from an abusive boyfriend. He broke my arm and I had a metal plate put in it. I still went back to him many times. That scar reminded me of how weak I was and I wanted something beautiful instead. My cousin whom I was really close to committed suicide a couple months ago and I wanted to honor him. He called me unicorn."



jenniesimpkinsj




buzzfeed.com







View Entire List ›


No comments:

Post a Comment